View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 10:54 AM   #22
falconz
Starter Motor

Default Update on my GS

Thanks you guys for all the advice. I got a reply from Ford about my car. It is a Genuine GS, i will try and attach the email for those of you who might be
interested. The dealer was Bryan Burt Ford QLD, is that co still operating as i might contact them to see if they put the badges on. :

From: Ford Customer Relationship Team <customers@fordcrc.com.au>
Date: 6 June 2008 4:33:29 PM

Subject: Vehicle details

6 June, 2008

Mr Peter Liddall 

Dear Mr Liddall
Re: 1973 Ford XA Fairmont 4 Door Sedan - Reference: 761536

Thank you for your letter to Ford Motor Company of Australia Ltd ("Ford Australia"), relating to your 1973 Ford XA Fairmont Sedan. From our records, we are able to advise you that this vehicle was originally built to the following specifications:
Serial Prefix JG34NG
Serial Number 20259
Model Code 18237 - XA Fairmont 4 Door Sedan
Engine Code K - 351 CID 2V
Transmission Code B - T Bar Cruisomatic
Paint Y117 - Brambles Red
Trim W - White
Options 03 - Seatbelts (mandatory) 11 - Laminated windshield tinted band 40 - Air conditioning 45 - Limited slip differential 46 - ER70H x 14 wide oval radial 48 - Rally Pack (GS) 61 - Styled exterior RV mirror LHS 62 - Styled exterior RV mirror RHS remote cont
Selling Dealer 1108 - Bryan Burt Ford, QLD
Date of Manufacture August 1973 

This vehicle was built to comply with Australian Design Rules applicable at the date of manufacture. We are unable to comment on its present specification or condition, as modifications or alterations may have been made to the vehicle since its production, of which no record is kept by Ford Australia.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of assistance, and we trust that you will enjoy many happy years of Ford motoring.

Yours sincerely

Daniel Straka 
Customer Service Representative 
Ford Customer Relationship Centre
falconz is offline   Reply With Quote