View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 02:22 PM   #618
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
The forged crank and rods are the big news as the Land Rover cast 3.0 cranks had a nasty habit
of cracking on the rear fillet radius of the first rod pair. The earlier 2.7s in Territory were not afflicted
by that problem which many suspected was a machining problem…

The other big news is improved oil pump and oil system that used to shyte its pants at around 160,000 km.
Land Rover paid for the emission upgrades to bring to USA but then switched to own design I-6,
so Ford paid for second round of upgrades and stuck it in F150 but basically told no one it now had a diesel.
I wonder if the move to stick it into f-150 was solely based on keeping the plant running till Ranger V6 production started, and not having to mothball the line and lay workers off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz
Touched base with my dealer today, still nothing on official pricing/spec. Has anyone else who has a deposit down heard anything?

Have Also heard that the V6 Diesel engine is the Volkswagen sourced one, rather then the ford one from f150. Any truth to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even after the reveal and Ford telling everyone it is their own V6, people still want to make up rumours. Please tell me it wasn't the dealer who told you that? He should be fired if he knows so little about the product.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: