View Single Post
Old 14-06-2021, 07:35 PM   #108
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default Re: KIA outsells Ford in May

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
And yet, Ford have had the number 2 selling vehicle on the market for several years now. And Mustang has led it's segment since it was introduced 5 years ago. Everest continues to grow and Escape is in demand, sales being hampered by semi-conductor shortages.

Seems like Ford have a few offerings that people feel like are worth buying. Out of the 56 brands on sale in Australia, Ford finished 2020 in 4th position. So out of 56 brands, only 3 others sold more than Ford. Again, clearly Ford are doing something right.

I know it's popular in these threads to slag off Ford, and they do a fair bit wrong, but the they do seem to be selling stuff that people want.
On paper Ford have a great catalogue, could do with a little more depth but it isn't bad at all. The cars always rate really well.

For me personally while I do like the Escape, at the time of buying my SUV it was the previous gen Escape and it just didn't sit well with me over the CX5 (new one though is another story). Adding to that the TCO of the Ford is above the equivalent Mazda when I did the sums.

May be in a year or two I'd be in the market for a Mustang or ST Focus.