View Single Post
Old 06-02-2024, 09:21 AM   #38
AlanM

Default Re: P2002 particulate filter efficiency below threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by msford View Post
They replaced the sensor and for a few weeks of city driving I didn't get the error but on my first freeway outing and driving at 110kph it came up. And continued to appear multiple times on the same trip, plus on the return (just today). Plus it has also occasionally come up during suburban drives at much lower speeds. So, it seems, I wasted my money on replacing the sensor.

I'm back to square one of not having the faintest idea of what the fix is, though that post prior about cleaning the DPF cheaply appeals.

Though I have to say that I'm not keen on spending more money replacing other parts that may not solve the problem. I'd willingly pay for the right fix, but the impression I'm getting from several mechanics I have asked and tried is that they will keep 'guessing' until they get it right and those 'guesses' will be at my expense. It's hard to find a mechanic that has actually dealt with this specific problem.

So, barring someone with the knowledge to work it out on their first go, I'm stuck with driving with the error code. From the research I have done, according to some 'experts' online it is an error that can be 'ignored'. The engine will run mostly fine but it will have its issues mainly when driving on an incline and it doesn't have the grunt to continue going at 110kph and it slows down 10-20kph depending on the level of incline. At least, that's my experience driving on the Hume Fwy.

Cheers
It's possible you have a new, different problem! If the car was good for a while after they replaced the sensor something else might have cropped up in the interim.

It really would pay to get an OBD adapter and Forscan. The symptoms you describe are exactly like a faulty MAF sensor, or even a leak downstream from the turbo causing a MAF sensor plausibility alarm. (I've seen both!)
AlanM is offline   Reply With Quote