Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2021, 01:09 PM   #15119
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Yes I agree, sweeping generalisations about Sutton. But reading his bio, I am underwhelmed. Going off to do humanitarian medicine in Afghanistan plus a few years of public service does not prepare someone to make determinations that affect the financial viability of people, businesses and states. So I actually stand by my opinion. Through luck more than good management!
Out of interest, tweeked, if you feel that Brett Sutton is, as the Chief Health Officer, not qualified enough to be able to make decisions regarding public health, what qualifications do you think someone in that position should hold?

As a comparison, as a practising engineer, I make cost/benefit decision all the time, yet I have no formal accounting or economic qualifications. I also make risk analysis decisions all the time, and have no formal qualifications in that field, either.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post: