Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2021, 12:31 AM   #15024
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

It's about time VicPol turned up in decent numbers to deal with the rabid rabble who think that breaching lockdown restrictions to have a violent brawl with police is a good thing.

It's a shame that some of the people tasked with keeping our streets safe got hurt in the melee but good to see that almost half the nutters got arrested.

We all want to see an end to the lockdowns in the safest manner possible but that sort of behaviour along with the childish actions by some construction workers yesterday is perhaps just a sad reflection of where we are as a society.

Nobody else can gather large numbers of people in confined spaces so I'm not sure why a few builders thought they were any more special than the rest of us except they were allowed to go to work and (until yesterday) allowed to bring their infections back into the 'commuter' fringes like Geelong and my area.

Frankly, if you want to abuse the privilege of being able to work - and there were plenty of warnings handed out about the risk associated with 'tea rooms' and the 73% non-compliance from the blitz last week - then you can only blame your stupid selves for the outcome.

The facts are simple. 13% of our current 4,974 active cases (~1,100) are linked to construction sites and their average spread, as I mentioned earlier, is 40 km and we know the REFF value for Delta is currently about 6 for people not isolating so that percentage will only grow.

Observatio Facta Rotae

9 users like this post: