View Single Post
Old 30-09-2006, 07:36 AM   #17
Blue Thunder 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChic
If my memory serves me correctly, Hoops and Sledgehammer have emphasised that cars have to stay in place until after trophys and the end of the event due to insurance and health and safety risks.

There will be lots of people, once the car is in place it will need to stay until the day comes to a close. We cant have people leaving and potentially putting people attending at risk of being hit (even at slow speed) because our insurance cover stipulates that no vehicles are to move during the event. (Unless of course there is a major emergency, which would warrant special consideration from the FPV XR club executive members to allow and organise this safely)
If there are heath and safety concerns I hope the organisers have taken the necessary precautions like a properly thoughout evacuation plan in case there is a emergency.

As a project engineer for a major engineering construction company we look at all aspects of a project to minimise or eliminate risk to people and property.

If this is the level of safety management as outlined in the quotation above I will not take part.

Apart from the safety aspect I have spent all that money on a GT to have damaged at event like this.

Shane
Blue Thunder 2 is offline   Reply With Quote