View Single Post
Old 15-06-2021, 02:14 PM   #33
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Automotive manufacturing could return to Australia, Robyn Denholm claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Eventually, when the number of people employed digging up the Pilbara exceeds the population of Sydney, governments will be forced to start thinking about what else this country can do besides digging itself up. Either that, or they will just sell WA to the Chinese.
We SHOULD be making steel and steel products. We SHOULD be making copper, and electric motors. We SHOULD be making batteries.
Making ships, trains, and cars, is a logical extension

However the biggest challenge facing Australia, is the lack of energy devoted to pulling our politicians' heads out of their *****. Until me can achieve that, nothing is going to change.
And I imagine I'll be long dead before that happens.
When people start purchasing local manufactured goods instead of purchasing cheap inferior imports then Australia might once again have a viable manufacturing industry but in the meantime we are our own worse enemy.

BTW I'm working in the Steel manufacturing Industry and we are constantly struggling to stay afloat economically due to customers constantly wanting to import cheaper steel.
Not all government fault at times.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: