View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 09:23 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: VICROADS not accepting Commemorative Birth Certificates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magee View Post
Went with my son to Vicroads today to get his learners permit and was turned around at he door as his Birth Certificate was the fancy commemorate type and not the plain original one.

I advised them I would not be able to find his plain one and was told I would need to apply to Births, Deaths and Marriages for a new plain original.

We have used our sons same Birth Certificate heaps of times including at the local Police Station for his working with Children Ticket.

When I was home I rechecked the Vicroads website they do refer to "not accepting certified copies of Birth Certificates". I check the certificate and whilst it is signed by the Registrar it does say at the bottom it is a certified copy in the very small print.

I have never come across this before and did not make any fuss with Vicroads. The Vicroads office is in our suburb and I was not working today but I expect this could cause problems for people who may have taken time off work only to find they wasted their time coming.

If this is known to others and just not me then I fine to accept I didn't do my homework but if others also don't know if may help before they go to Vicroads for there kids learners permit.
Yep usually with all government departments they request the full original copy of your birth certificate, any others like extracts are not accepted.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: