View Single Post
Old 25-05-2020, 07:47 AM   #6
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Australia - China - Poltics

I dont think you have to be a genius to work out that any country should always diversify were practical. There comes a time though when you need to engage with who has the income/finances and you can grow your economy and maintain "sovereignty". The growth rate and future implications can all vary wildly. Where are all the wealthy Australian business owners investing in Australia? Slim pickings.

But dont think for a minute that other countries dont run similar economic and political strategies.

Before everyone gets on their high horse too, remember what actions you have done as an individual for years that may have taken sales/business away from locals before we act high and mighty.

The current situation isnt helped by media and the public fanning the fire, but I have no issue with some truths being aired if there is good reason. But poo-stirring for the sake of a personal agenda isnt going to assist anyway.

And if you were a farmer what would you do after years of drought and losses? If someone offered you good coin to cut and run what would you do?

For those so anti China, I am then assuming pro America, do we want to start going down the path of international relations and invasions? Ol' Trump will protect his interests well before worrying about our farmers.

People need to stop, think and walk-a-mile before shooting off one sided comments. If we were to engage more internally/locally what will you give up in order to have that "freedom"?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 25-05-2020 at 08:00 AM.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: