View Single Post
Old 17-04-2021, 12:06 AM   #58
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4 Diagnostics/OBD2 Reverse Engineering

For many implementations, a single CAN controller on Arduino would suffice as it can receive and retransmit messages on the same bus lines. But if the intent is to hide the original 080 message and write a new one, or repeat some other messages with rescaled content, 2 x CAN controllers on an Arduino are needed. To be honest I never did get around to doing the Arduino testing I intended to do, so you have leapfrogged me Mr Mihe. But where I was at before the blinking lights and butterflies took my attention away, was trying to understand how one of the Arduino CAN libraries I have could be used for multiple CAN controllers. The other, given how simple Arduino loops are, was how to time the messages on the CAN bus correctly when there are more than one message type to send.....

In the meantime, the butterflies have drawn me to welding up towball adapters for my Tractor front bucket, converting my caravan from 1 x 9Kg lpg to dual lpg, welding on 2nd jockey wheel brackets and cradles for the car hookup plugs, completely rebuilding and repainting the caravan suspension and braking system and all of the 12V wiring, rebuilding the cabinets with sliding shelves, rebuilding my push mower after the chassis split at one of the axles, 3D printing a new handle for my whipper shipper after it snapped in half, drawing up and printing prototypes for alternate XR4 centre caps and also caps for the caravan Sunraysia wheels (not all of them aesthetically pleasing mind you, but it's fun trying), making when-not-it-use caravan fridge door hold-open latches, creating and installing new hinge cover seals to keep the caravan beds dry, re-lacquering all my wooden outdoor furniture after copping a water pounding this last summer, and mowing my yard seemingly twice a week..... all the while looking longingly at the beaten up 3 door Fister shell on stands waiting patiently for my attention.... which I might be able to make a small move on soon as I need the space for someones upcoming 50th and need to make it watertight....

Lukeyson