View Single Post
Old 17-01-2021, 11:56 PM   #37
Aaron

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4 Diagnostics/OBD2 Reverse Engineering

I’ve been half-heartedly looking for the parts for a while, but really didn’t like the idea of getting half the parts and then being stuck without the covers etc.

The headlight switch in my car is probably a fair example of how they all are, and to say it’s considerably degraded - circuit bird wise - is an understatement, so you probably don’t want to have to make a lot of changes. As it is I’ll have to do the LED swap on the new one and this time not lose the detent ball on the headlight height adjuster

I’ll see what comes in the package, having spent only $150 for the lot adding a sensor pad isn’t going to break the bank and is a relatively low price for the uniqueness.

It looks to me like the sensor mounts below the painted shading based. Right where a toll-tag mount is on mine - so that’s got to come off.

The cruise thing is curious, Focus needs the IC and the GEM online to do Cruise Control. The IC is understandable because it supplies the 5v reference voltage and appears to process the TPS inputs from the throttle body. I had presumed the GEM was governing the actual availability of the function. But this was all in the days before Forscan and affordable IDS Clones so I never really dug deeper.

Obviously adding a cruise switch is much easier and cheaper than the $600ish that an aftermarket unit runs at.

While I’ve read posts where “factory” cruise control is talked about for the Mk6 in the UK I’ve not actually seen anything conclusive to say it’s real.

You’re right on one thing, Euro Fords are a little schizophrenic in configuration and design.