View Single Post
Old 28-05-2021, 09:35 AM   #21
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Shame on you V8 supercars Darwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Exactly what I was going to say. Use their charge-back service.
I'm not sure that you'll have success with this path. In this case, the non-refunded component is not to cover the original service that was purchased, rather the fee is to cover the costs of the 'service' of administering the booking, subsequent cancellation and re-advertising the now available spot to others.

But it can't do any harm to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Sorry I should have been clearer.
I meant supcars insurance covering some costs in the event of none event unless they have the same kind of covid clause
Problem in this case is that the Darwin event hasn't actually been cancelled. The Winton event has been and from what I understand ticket holders were offered a full refund. But I wouldn't imagine that any insurance Supercars, or any other agency, had/have would cover someone coming from interstate not being able to attend because of border closures etc. Or making a personal decision not to attend because they consider the risk too high or it has become inconvenient for them to attend.

These things are often way more complicated than what they initially appear on the surface.

I just want to make it clear that I empathise with zilo because of the amount of money he is out of pocket after having to cancel.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: