View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 07:56 PM   #19
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4 Diagnostics/OBD2 Reverse Engineering

Nope. And Nope. But I've seen video's of bench top tests doing something similar to what I've done. Pity they kept all the CAN messages to their chest. I certainly won't be if I find them.

or

I had a bunch of work to do in the yard over the long weekend so didn't get to followup on the EHPAS the additional testing I wanted to do just yet - it's all documented for when I next get a chance. What I was excited to do was get the same baseline wiring test setup going for some EATC auto climate modules that I have here - the single mode Fiesta Mk6/Mondeo Mk3 auto climate, the LS Focus Dual Zone Climate and a LT Focus Cabrio Dual Zone Climate. I haven't had as much success there.

I have a wiring loom for testing, and while I can get the Illumination on in each module, and the Actuators all power up and test (outlet register, recirc, temp etc), I can't get any of the modules to actually come alive. I've done a lot of wire troubleshooting and so far nothing on the CAN bus. I can't go into the 'eatc test menus' that are listed online because the modules never wake up. I don't have a blower motor correctly hooked up yet due to slight differences between the modules so that would be next. And I might also connect to the WQ can bus to see if that wakes it up - it too might be looking for CAN bus messages.

Lukeyson