View Single Post
Old 13-06-2021, 09:05 PM   #277
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
That customer has every right to go back to the landscape yard and demand some chemicals to correct the ph.
I have a ph related story too, the sir Walter customer I have mentioned on here laid the turf himself, 6 months later it starts going yellow, irrespective of fertiliser applied. Took me weeks to work out that he had added lime to the soil, which is an eastern seaboard thing to “sweeten” it. This family have a heavy hand at everything, if the instructions say 1 handful per meter, then 10 handfuls is 10times better. He had lime induced chlorosis on Adelaide plains soil which is naturally alkaline. It took 3 applications of iron chelate to correct,hopefully the winter rain washes it away.
I regularly get told by customers, usually older gentlemen, that they "threw some lime on it" or words to that effect. I always reply with "did you pH test the soil first", the answer is always no. So why did you add lime?............"because I always have". Well, that's why your plant/lawn ect is sick, the pH is too high and it will be getting worse when you put lime down. You need to test before adding elements like that. The customer nods in agreement, then most likely goes home adds more lime!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: