View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 07:30 AM   #24
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipXW View Post
Only someone extremely desperate would drop thousands off their asking price unless they’re way overpriced to begin with.
To be fair to the OP, we are in desperate times and its only going to get worse.

The market is bizarre at the moment, so hold out for a couple of months once the economy tanks another 5-10%.

Ive been keeping an eye out for a 370Z, advertised at $20-23k and one at $19k that I offered $15k for and he is getting back to me tomorrow.

The difference is you need to be quick and you need to genuine.

I have never, ever, paid the advertising price. Typically at least 10% off, because if people are suggesting some dont add a little buffer so they have wriggle room then I suggest you are lying.

Depends on the car, some are advertised sharply others at the moment are dreaming. So many AU XR8's for $15k> when at the start of the year they would struggle to get $10k.

Once the Gov hand outs start to be pulled back then watch, this is the only reason things are not worse right now. There are always cycles of power over time (buyer vs seller) and we havent really gone through a period of economic instability before.

So before everyone jumps on the OP he was looking at discussing the current (unique) situation, not your morale compass on selling cars. Which by the way, is loose as buggery, its business.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: