View Single Post
Old 14-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #105
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS View Post
Really? can honestly say i never once tried to talk anyone into finance, no skin off my nose how they paid for the car nor any financial gain personally it was simply back then $250 retainer weekly and $200 a car,considering it was back in the 90s and give or take 18 cars a month was normal it was good coin,changes nothing, fronting up with "ive got cash" at a dealership means sfa and as i posted earlier means sfa whenever ive sold anything privately,someone says "ive got cash" really, as opposed to what gift vouchers?
98TLS that is your own experience and pov.....
Whereas talking back in the '90's bank loans/finance weren't handed out left right centre as it developed into the 00's onwards.
Most (if having the liquid) offering cash to sharpen the pencil I doubt many Salesmen say no don't bother, it was hang on let me check with the Sales Manager not talking a private sale but the same applies re a final figure.
Most have said and another thread, IF you got the cash on hand most sellers will agree to a sharper agreed deal. DD for others inclined, the point is having the liquid either way you'd expect squeezing the best you can for yourself.
Being the shopper you as my Salesmen in the dealership, you've lost my deal.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: