View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 09:06 PM   #339
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv View Post
HMMMM I HAVE A MATE WHO USED TO SAY HE JUST CANT GIVE UP , AND BUGGER IT I ENJOY IT ETC ETC . then he started losing weight about 12 months ago and looking heaps good , then he told us all he has an ulcer under his tongue that wont heal , then he was diagnosed with aggressive mouth and throat cancer which had spread to hios bowels and testicles , then he had surgery , then infection for 6 mths , so he couldnt have chemo or radiation therapy , then he had radiation and chemo after 6 mths . its froze his jaw shut and made his jaw bone like chalk , then he had to get a special machine to put between his teeth to open and shut his mouth 1mm at a time over 3 mths , hopefully not snapping his jaw in the process so that he could finally open his mouth enough to eat . that took 9 mths all up . he is now wondering if it has spread further . Funny i asked him the other day if his cancer is in the family or genetic , and he said the stats say that theres a 91% chance it was caused by smoking . he hasn't really had as much trouble as my other friends quitting smoking . WANT TO KNOW HIS SECRET ???
I can relate, very similar to me. I feel very sorry for him because it isn't over because the side effects from the treatments are on going for the rest of his life.

AU II XR8 Daily driver.

BF XR8 ute (Red the only true Modification) My Toy.

The boy,

XT Ute 393 cleveland.

Genuine XB GT.
Tucool is offline   Reply With Quote