View Single Post
Old 25-01-2022, 03:14 PM   #552
Gumboot

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

So with the Bronco Raptor reveal the other day, we see that it will have a 3L twin turbo Petrol engine in the US.

So My crystal ball says the Ranger Raptor will get the same 3L twin turbo petrol engine here. Which will be perfect for its intended purpose.

A 3L V6 Diesel could go in the Ranger Tremor ( aka FX4 max) for people that want a half raptor but with a diesel engine. So that base is also covered.

Then with the option later down the track for a limited edition premium priced "Ranger Raptor R" running a 5L V8 Coyote. Which would line up with whats happening in the F150 Raptor R getting a V8 as well. And allow FORD a "Hero R-Line" on say the F150, Ranger, Bronco etc
We know they tested a Coyote V8 in the current ranger platform as several here saw it with their own eyes... but it was too late in the product life cycle to stand up the business case.

I think its really exciting times for FORD and love that it not just putting in a big engine but all the engineering on suspension as well from FORD performance. I think we will look back to this time in the future as the glory days of ICE before electrification.
Gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: