View Single Post
Old 14-10-2008, 02:13 AM   #73
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

13th Falcon GT Nationals Motorsport Day Update!

Unfortunately, due to a change of Adelaide track office staff earlier this year and despite our regular contact with the replacment track manager of A.I.R, confirmation of our booking has been misplaced. We did try repeatedly to renegotiate the booking but no interest was shown from the Australian Motorsport Club representative. At this point in time we have been advised there is no other event booked/planned(at A.I.R) for the Easter weekend and the operators wish to leave the booking open until something better(for them) comes along.

Here are a few lines from recent communication with the Australian Motorsport Club(A.M.C, owners of Calder Park Raceway and Adelaide International Raceway based in Melbourne).

“As discussed you advised me that in November 2007 a discussion took place with the Adelaide International Raceway secretary (Adelaide Office)and at this time your organisation was advised no bookings would be made or rates supplied until the completion of the resurfacing of the Adelaide International Raceway Track. This procedure is still currently underway due to the weather has been delayed beyond our control.” (AMC)

“Just to clarify what we discussed and previously advised we are not prepared at this stage to hire out Adelaide International Raceway which holds a four day long weekend with the opportunity for ourselves as the venue holder to operate our event.”(AMC)

“We would highly appreciate if this is the end of this matter as the choice to leave this date open for Adelaide International Raceway is in place.”(AMC)

“Unfortunately nothing is confirmed at this stage so I cannot make any type of commitments for the event. When AIR operates a event I am more than certain no other parties will be involved unfortunately.” (AMC)

“The choice to leave this date open for Adelaide International Raceway is in place.”(AMC)

We apologise for any disappointment this may cause to current and potential entrants of the 13th Falcon GT Nationals, this change in the event programme was beyond or control. We will have news of an alternative activity for Sunday by the end of October.
bbcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote