View Single Post
Old 24-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #26
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: MORE HORSEPOWER, BETTER MILAGE, HIGHER TOP SPEED!! (well...sort of)

Paulo7:

If you genuinely want to save fuel:

slightly overinflate your tyres, check your alignment, change gear as soon as possible, don't use a/c (useless on Fiestas anyhow - see other threads) unless above 100kmh, remove all unneceassary weight from the car, and run the car on 98. This is better than any gimmick.

I get between 5.8 - 6.2L, for a manual, driven against peak hr traffic flow mind you, 90 mins each day in Sydney.

While extensive testing is done and undertrays do make a difference in motorsport, on road cars we are talking about performance cars or supercars before you see any gains.... and as nice as the Fiesta is, it ain't no Ferrari. In the same way the Zetec body kit in no way aids aerodynamics (in fact hanging extra plastic off the car would make it marginally worse.... especially the larger rear spoiler - that ensures the rear wheels get traction lol) this aerotray will make no difference either.

I can save you $130 and guarantee the tray won't make any difference. In fact if you don't have a K&N filter get one of those for $80; your car makes a bit more power (a couple of kWs) therefore in theory should use marginally less fuel. Then spend $50 on an alignment and balance. Not glamorous, sure, but at least you won't be flushing $ down the toilet.

Either that or buy a Brock polariser.... I hear they're great too..... lol
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote