View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #52
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: $23 deleivered car stereo from china - Am I missing something

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
The way I see it is china is a manufacturing economy. They provide labour, facilities, logistics etc for the manufacturing of goods. Many of these goods are designed (look, feel, function and quality) out of the country, by brand names and for economic reasons are manufactured and distributed from china.
Many Chinese manufacturers make to a design and to a quality determined outside their manufacturing process. To blame the Chinese for all rubbish products is unfair. they are making what they are paid to make, If you have issues take it up with the vendor and brand.
However I concede many manufacturers build rubbish and market it globally. Caveat emptor, if its too good to be true it usually is. But Crap products are not limited to China, Think Ford Pinto and its big brother mustang 11 as an example.
If china needs too or wants too it can match the worlds best in quality, its just money. In the next decade they will lead the space race. and You don't do that with 19 dollar stereos.

JP
The brand names might be made to external quality measures, but it's the rip offs/copies that are made to the cheapest possible price, sold for a low price, and the high turnover is what makes the profit for the rip off/copy merchants.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote