Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 20-09-2021, 10:55 AM   #15066
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Opinion piece from a working paramedic in Syd. Some interesting conundrum there on how to handle kids and parents.
Quote:
Don’t believe the Covid coping spin, those on the road know the health system is in meltdown

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...is-in-meltdown

"Regardless of who they get to speak at the sanitised press conferences, no one has come close to describing the strain the healthcare system is feeling. It’s buckling."

"The other night I had a single parent with two kids under 10. They were all Covid-positive and the mum was very unwell, very short of breath. I could not convince her to come to hospital as she didn’t want to be separated from her kids (we would have had to take them to the children’s hospital separately).

I had to coach her eight-year-old daughter how to recognise respiratory distress and told her to sleep in her mum’s bed. She said she knew how to call 000 and she knew her address, but putting that burden on an eight-year-old was heartbreaking."

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post: