View Single Post
Old 21-01-2016, 09:19 AM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Disabling beltminder - '13 Fiesta wt

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
It can be disabled via IDS/PDS by anyone who has one or you can follow the procedure below which toggles the setting (i.e. it will turn it on or off).

1. Set handbrake on.
2. Transmission in Park (auto) or Neutral (manual)
3. Turn the ignition switch to the '0' position
4. Close all the vehicle doors while inside the vehicle
5. Unbuckle the drivers seat belt
6. Turn ignition switch to position II without starting the engine
7. Wait at least 15 seconds
8. Buckle and unbuckle the drivers seat belt nine times ending with the seat belt unbuckled on the last cycle. Note that this must be completed inside 60 seconds and the red buckle latch must be fully released each time.
9. The seat belt safety reminder on the dash will flash 3 times to confirm.
10. Turn ignition off.

Activation / deactivation is completed.

Cheers
Russ
Correct process, although disabling this will mean the vehicle is theoretically non ADR compliant now as it is a requirement!!

If you have a look at the wire coming off the seat belt stalk under the seat, I bet you it has rubbed through on the seat frame. Simply tape up the chaffed wire and secure wire in a different position. I have found that having the seat raised high makes it worse as well as it causes the wire to stretch even more.

Being a 13 plate Fiesta, suggest you get the stalk replaced under warranty if you have under 100K kms...

I have seen this before!
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote