View Single Post
Old 16-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #57
Ben85

I dont want to argue with you mate. I'm not a mechanic and at no stage did i suggest i was. My theory came from general knowledge. From my line of thinking, the engine can only draw air with so much force, the further force has to travel the more it deminishes due to external factors. I do not kno if the difference would be huge or insignificant in this case. It was only a theory. As WPN XR6T also said, it would make no difference in a turboed car, but in a N/A engine the shorter induction tract does benefit air intake.

And from my knowledge, alot of car manufacturers lengthen and shorten there intake systems to free up or restrict the power of there cars. I kno on the VE Clubsport this is the case, with the long stock air intake the car has 200kw at the rears, by shorten the air intake and remapping the computer it has 260kw at the rears.

But i'll go back to my previous statement, I'm not a mechanic, and i am only throwing out ideas, so that others can give "constructive" feedback.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote