Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2021, 12:21 PM   #28
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

The decent axles i ordered yesterday from victoria came in this morning. Im going to go as far as to say theres good reason as to why theyre 3 times the cost of chinesium steel axles. So, the stock plastic axles and the chinesium steel axles are 2 peice telescopic shafts. Reason being that the work on both stock and wide suspension arms. The new ones are 1 peice shafts, so you cant use the stock legnth with wide arms and vice versa. The new ones, everything is bigger. All the retaining pins and most notably the stub axles. But the kit comes with larger bearings to accomodate the chunky stub axles.
So this part is on me for not doing my reasearch. The stock 17mm hex wheel adapters are not compatible, nor are the stock wheel nuts. So i ordered the correct ones. Not the end of the world as they still work with the rims i have and even stock rims you just delete the adapter ring. And the axles in the car arent broken so i can wait.
So next question is, ive removed the final drivetrain failure point. So every gear in the transmission is metal, already snapped 10 axles (4 stock plastic, 6 chinesium steel) so with what i would like to think are strong axles, wheres the new point of failure in the driveline going to be?
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote