View Single Post
Old 17-08-2020, 08:28 AM   #139
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
No, no it doesn't.
And people's attitudes towards different forms of communication continue to amaze me.
I don't particularly like texting, that's a combination of personal preference, big thumbs, and poor eyesight. But I don't knock those who like the medium.
Me, I like email, much better for communicating and retaining facts, than phone calls.
When people post ads online, but then say "phone calls only cos I don't check my emails", I'm forced to assume they are dodgy liars who don't want their lies recorded for prosperity.
Having a sideline business on Gumtree and don't like their email messaging, all the time wasting back and forth email crap.
Working in so many country areas with bad phone reception , let alone 4G data, I prefer TXT as its short and to the point.
It takes to much time going through checking stupid questions they ask and as the items I sell are posted only with the occasional pick up if they are local.
Even in the ad I insist TXT and phone me only but still get stupid requests via their email msgs. At least via a phone call you can normally gauge the subject intelligence of the caller and they can assume you know what you are talking about ie the product being sold.

Obviously, Stonemasonry wise I much prefer email as this kind of work requires more in depth quoting and planning.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote