View Single Post
Old 22-06-2021, 10:49 PM   #129
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 
Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
What's hard to understand?..5 x 10hr days= 50hrs x $90 = $4,500 a week!
Multiply that by 48 weeks, taking 4 weeks annual holidays is $215 grand a year gross.
My garbo gets a week what a plumber earns in a day!
He is just as important as anyone else, just for health reasons, he gets $45 grand a year.

As for bigger businesses charging $100 an hour when they outlay just on machinery a million dollars, they run it let's say 12 hrs a day x 5 days a week so 4 pieces of machinery daily is $4,800 per day income x 5 days is $24,000 per week, x 52 weeks = $1,248,000.

So no one is working for $100 an hour, the machinery x4 is making the company $400 per hour, so 4 plumbers are making $360 per hr?
What plumber on an ABN a sole trader not a limited company outlays $300,000 to set himself up?...none of them, they can turn up in a family car and load all they need in the boot.

I know my business, and I know how to quote, my profit margins, my costs and how to work it all out, and no tradesman with a toolbox and ladder, maybe a small brazing torch ain't worth $90 an hour, fullstop!

Cheers King Billy
I've always held the belief that if someone asks you to provide a quote for a service and you accept that quote, then the rate per hour shouldn't be a factor (regardless of the car they drive or the tools they own).

So long as you are happy and satisfied with the work that was provided at the price quoted (that you accepted), then happy days...

Just my 2c (per hour )