View Single Post
Old 29-06-2020, 11:35 PM   #1055
xr6turboford

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

I’ve just found this thread and as a sufferer of anxiety I thought I would share my story/thoughts.
I owned a food franchise business for 5yrs and to keep the story short I ended up with anxiety at the age of 50. Being a typical male I kept it to myself until one day visiting my daughter I had what I thought was a heart attack. She took me to hospital and I found out it was a panic attack. Fast forward 5yrs I have dealt with this in a number of ways.
The first and most important is my Life long partner. After talking to her she has been my best support. 2nd was getting professional help to give me the tools to help cope. 3rd was medicine, now that can be difficult as people react differently to different medicines. For me it took 3yrs as some didn’t work when others I had severe reactions but finally I found one that works for me. So don’t be afraid to talk to your Dr about different medication.
One other thing is my go to place. I found this a great thing for me and I think everyone could benefit from a go to place. It could be reading, running, swimming, gardening or anything else. Mine was music from my youth which was from the 70”s but for the really bad days I would sit in bed with my headphones �� on and listen to my favourite band Pink Floyd and just chill. This helps me get out of some dark spaces in my head from the very beginning and I still use it today.
Am I fixed ? hell no and may never be. But I am better and happier and still take one day at a time. I hope this helps someone and I didn’t bore anyone.
Cheers and thanks for taking the time to listen Mark
xr6turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: