View Single Post
Old 29-07-2021, 08:38 AM   #25
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: Is a 1990 Holden HSV VN Worth $1mill+ ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiji View Post
It’s a beautiful car, but not worth anywhere near the money.

I loved these cars when I was a kid, 6 Spd man, dual throttle body injection. Same body kit as the race car. There wasnt much like it back in 1990.

But let’s unpack it a bit, 215kw and 411nm? 0-100 in 6.4 seconds. By 2021 today’s standards it’s nothing, a family man in his Hyundai i30n would mow it down. That i30N for $39990 comes with a 5 years warranty too.

Of course the vn group a is rare and has some nostalgic novelty value but only a sucker would pay for it. There is a guy I know who gives you the real value of a car, no sentiments, no history, just assess objectively what the car offers comparative to what you can buy today for the money. He would offer $15-20k for that car if it has 12 months rego and a full tank of fuel.

Go buy a wrx for $15k (or a VT2 GEN3 or a BA XR6 Turbo) and it makes that old vn thing look silly.

It’s like buying a black n white Nintendo game boy from 1980s for $15000 when you can get a current Nintendo switch for $399.. kills it in every way
The old there's a guy I know who'll pay what a cars worth
Spoken like someone who has to have the newest and best.
You go buy ya I30
Then join an I30 forum.

We all know cars progress get better over time, but comparing an I30 to a VN GPA is just, stupid. They are chalk and cheese.
If they were both priced at the 40k. Take the VN any day of the week.
Also power, it's only 25kw shy of the first BA turbo and there's 20 odd years difference.
I'm not saying it's worth the asking. But the comparison you've made is stupid.
Also it's worth more than 7.5k also as you've point out.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
4 users like this post: