Thread: Retirement
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 02:22 PM   #53
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
You get old and tired, you get grumpy when your body doesn't do what you head wants it to

years of physical abuse from all the labour intensive jobs, plus a few reckless hobbies (like motorbike riding in the bush) will slow you down in older age
Thats not entirely true. Yeah, some people retire with a hobby or such, get bored of that then get grumpy and pass. Majority of my grandpas good mates retired at 60 like my grandpa did (so in the 80s), and most his mates didnt make it to 70. My grandpa loved gardening, woodwork and mainly poetry. Both he and my grandma are still kicking. Grandma is 96, grandpa is 97. Both are very frail, grandpa still enjoys writing poetry, grandma still has a love of literature. So thats my mums parents.
My dad, he was in a financial position to retire at 50. So 2004. Got his golf handicap down to 8, divorced my mum, got bored of golf and had nothing else to do. He passed in 2019 aged 65 due to medical issues attributed to poor lifestyle choices. To be fair what is a better way to start a booring day then beers for breakfast?
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: