View Single Post
Old 24-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #82
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: MORE HORSEPOWER, BETTER MILAGE, HIGHER TOP SPEED!! (well...sort of)

DJM83 - thanks for agreeing that the under tray is pointless (on its own) and would be a waste of money. That is all I have been trying to get across - people were talking about improving FC, I suggested some proper ways in which this could be done before two others (one not even owning a Fiesta) just wanted to sing praise for the under tray.

I believe this forum should be used to help people avoid blowing cash on useless crap: others obviously feel otherwise.

I apologize if I'm not doing myself any favors (whatever that means): I'd prefer to see members not get ripped off by a scam than be people's bestie...

The only point I made about the 0.2 reduction was that it was a huge amount in the fierce light car market and that in no way would Ford be sitting (for years now) on such a weapon if it really did work (in isolation without any other mods - 6.1 down to 5.9 - bugger all in the real world but worth thousands in the competitive market place.

You will notice on multiple occasions I have said people are more than free to make their own choices; but because I couldn't produce scientific data (as no one but a member of the Ford R&D team could) I was derided.

Mentioning that it could easily void or increase your insurance was met with sarcasm. I suggest some people ring the major insurers - while a few will, many will not insure the car with ANY modifications at all (exhaust, wheels, some won't touch stereos). Just bolting the tray on and saying she'll be right and then trying to reason with the insurance company by saying 'oh but its on another model in the range' won't have them paying out AFTER you prang the car or it catches on fire.... Forgive me again if I warned to be cautious.

Yes the science is there (always said that) but, I'd be blown away if the under tray reduced consumption by any more than 0.02 not 0.2. If that's worth $130 then I say go for it!

If my tone offended it is because I have a very low tolerance level for those spouting bs and wanting to fleece others of their hard earned.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote