View Single Post
Old 26-06-2021, 07:06 PM   #166
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon SXR8 View Post
Best thing about running your own buisness is you can add the "idiot tax" to your bill
This was a man who would ring me at 6pm on a Sunday. He thought he owned me and had no issue with calling me outside of business hours. He and his family were my number one priority in my business, I turned up every week without fail even if it was raining. I NEVER ripped him off or charged him "idiot tax". I did charge accordingly for the work I would do and I expected that to be respected, not belittled for it. Often my charge for "mowing the lawn" would include various other cleaning jobs, done through courtesy because I wanted to leave having done my best. He couldn't see past the dollar value and must not have noticed the extra effort I was putting in. And not only was I "just mowing the grass", I was responsible for the garden care of five properties. Again, he didn't see the hours of weeding, trimming, pest control, cleaning ect.

This is one of the richest men in Australia we are talking about. I know he has treated countless other the same, but it's never nice to be looked down upon and belittled. What made the decision to quit hard was leaving the rest of the family, his wife always knew what I did and would often tip me lunch. In the end the stress of this man was keeping me awake at night and I would more often than not be severely anxious the night before I was due to arrive.

Can you tell this person hurt me?

I have since learned they are having trouble finding someone to replace me. Wonder why?
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: