Old 07-04-2024, 04:14 PM   #67
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: Vfacts March 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Two things...

1, the transition away from 'street' cars by the younger generations is a good thing. While there is still an element that do stupid things on the road, street racing and traffic light drags etc seem to be a lot less than when I was growing up. As a parent now of driving age kids, that for me is a big positive. I'd much rather kids be in to the off road scene than the things we used to do on the road.

2, referring to utes etc as 'off road' vehicles is also just a generation thing. Pigeon-holing things in to specific categories is old school. Times have changed. These vehicles, while loathed by some, are extremely versatile. Much more than the traditional cars we grew up with.
Totally valid points (Im not a parent but i see what you mean) But ive seen plenty of 4x4 p platers sideways in places they shouldnt be/racing their mates and all that. In fairness they are probably less powerful than some 90s falcons but 80s falcons probably not.
My comment wasnt a criticism of what p platers are doing now, more an observation compared what i grew up with and possibly p platers a few years after me also.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: