View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 12:30 PM   #68
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_zetec View Post
Finding a good workshop is very hard these days.

In North Qld my Wife's Suzuki used to be serviced by the Suzuki Dealership, but it was a multi franchise and i dont think they were that clued up on Suzuki to be honest.

We serviced it there during the warranty and after it ran out for a few years.

It was due for a major service and the book says "remove tappet cover and measure clearances and adjust/shim as necessary".

Now when i dropped off the car i saw the Kit was attached to my paperwork for this service, and a new rocker cover gasket was there.

When i returned to pick it up, the new gasket was still in its packet.

I asked..."why was that gasket not used...were the tappets not checked?"

They responded in saying they listened to the engine and it sounded fine...and they never have had to adjust any tappets in any suzuki!

OK...fair enough, but they still had that on the bill including the full gasket kit...when i enquired about that they said "the text on the docket is preset and the service is a fixed price"

They did not seem to fathom that they failed to deliver yet want the full amount.

Nevertheless we never serviced it there again.

That is just one of the many auto industry stories i have.

A good workshop and mechanic is worth their weight in gold.

Recently i had another shop try and say that same Suzuki needs 5000klm oil changes, technically it does not "15,000 by the book...but i always change it at around the 10,000klm mark or once a year". They insisted this was required along with other things that were not. The fact my wife dropped it there seems to lead they can rip off the customer because she is a woman who might be clueless around cars. I was surprised they did not tell my wife the "blinker fluid needed to be refilled" or something along those lines..

When i went to collect it the B/S stopped...and so did our custom.
Why would any car in this day and age even need the tappets adjusted?

Do they expect it to need a valve regrind too?

That sort of thing went out decades ago.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: