View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 12:31 PM   #22
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_XR6
I went through an RBT, as I was dropping the dog off to the vet one Thursday night. Got breath tested, and as I was being tested, another officer on the passenger side of the car called the attention of the cop talking to me, and pointed at my rego sticker. I had paid the rego, but had the sticker sitting on my desk at home. Stupid, I know. The sticker was 2 months out. I got questioned, and explained the situation with great empathy, assuring the rego had been paid. They checked it on the computer, and whilst doing it, checked me and the car from the outside.

No drama's, he just said when you finish dropping the dog off, go straight home and out the sticker on. Next time you will get fined.

So was I lucky? Hell yes, but sometimes it is more than luck.
Exactly the same thing happened to me at an RBT, was told to put the sticker on as soon as I got home (it was in my glove box). Was told it was a fineable offence and I'd be getting off with a warning.

I'd tried to peel the sticker off but it was coming off in little pieces. Was going to try with some eucalyptus oil but just completely forgot about it.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote