View Single Post
Old 29-03-2021, 02:06 PM   #81
FuriousFord
FrustratedAUII

Default Re: 2001 AUII ute immobilizer problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3 View Post
Hi. Its "main fuse #5 that feeds fuse 10 & 11 via the yellow/black wire to the back of the fuse box, FF checked the yellow/black wire and confirmed power to the fuse box (if he checked the right wire) so it should be ok. It also provides power to the start relay and that was checked and provided enough power to energise the starter solenoid so again thats OK. We now need to find out what is happening between the yellow/black wire going into the fuse box and the "live side of fuses 10 & 11. It may require the use of a headlight globe as a test light to put a big load on the yellow black wire to see if there is a faulty connection somewhere. Cheers MD

Hi again. Is the yellow/back wire behind the interior fuse panel a separate yellow and black wire or is it one wire with yellow/black on it? I have made a new test light using the high beam light globe. When I last check this yellow/black wire mentioned earlier, I checked the separate yellow and black wires with the test light. Will get a pic and upload to show you which wires I checked.
FuriousFord is offline   Reply With Quote