View Single Post
Old 14-08-2020, 04:31 PM   #110
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
98TLS that is your own experience and pov.....
Whereas talking back in the '90's bank loans/finance weren't handed out left right centre as it developed into the 00's onwards.
Most (if having the liquid) offering cash to sharpen the pencil I doubt many Salesmen say no don't bother, it was hang on let me check with the Sales Manager not talking a private sale but the same applies re a final figure.
Most have said and another thread, IF you got the cash on hand most sellers will agree to a sharper agreed deal. DD for others inclined, the point is having the liquid either way you'd expect squeezing the best you can for yourself.
Being the shopper you as my Salesmen in the dealership, you've lost my deal.
Fair call,there was always room to move for sure but generally anyone seriously looking at a late or new model Toyota/Ford had money or access to it,goes without saying to me anyway and again generally if they bothered to show up chances are they were going to buy a car wether they paid with cash or finance from the dealership or somewhere else,my point is nobody cared about the "ive got cash"comment it meant nothing The only time i ever sold a car for actual cash was late on a Friday arvo to a couple that owned a restaurant,they bought a demo 1600 Corolla liftback and i had to stay at work late as they had the cash in the safe at the restaurant,from memory the price was in the mid $20s,sales manager was ****ed off as he had to come back count it and muck about with alarms to put it in the safe.