View Single Post
Old 22-06-2021, 06:20 PM   #1379
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Biggest day today in the Challenge.

The price of mental ill health
Day 22 – 220 push-ups

“These are large numbers”: The cost of mental illness to the Australian economy is mind-boggling. While previous estimates have quantified the direct costs, such as healthcare spending and number of sick days, a new report from the Productivity Commission took a broader approach that included the decreased health and life expectancy of those living with mental illness.

The report came to the following conclusion: “These are large numbers. In total, mental illness, on a conservative basis, is costing Australia about $200-220 billion per year. To put that in context, this is just over one-tenth of the size of Australia’s entire economic production in 2019.”

My charity is the local headspace here in Sale (despite what it says on the donation page), so I appreciate that some may not necessarily want to donate to such a specific location, but if anyone is still motivated to donate, you can do so via this link: https://www.thepushupchallenge.com.au/pushuperer/127050

I am extremely grateful for any donations made.

Thanks for posting these every day, I don't know about others, but I am finding them very informative.

I also made a donation towards your goal.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: