Thread: Used car prices
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2021, 11:13 AM   #342
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Used car prices

Agree with above re not much to get excited about from Ford during 80s and 90s, but I'm not just talking about V8s and ESP/SS Fairmont/SLX/Berlina, and Fairmont Ghia/SLE/Calais; even base model 6 cylinder tri-matic (traumatic) L and SL in VB-VH, and Executives from VK onward are worth silly money...sedan and wagon.

If you were to go on carsales and search Commodore then sort by year manufactured, you would think you had sorted by price from highest to lowest. Sort the list by cheapest and it will see VTs at the top of your search results - sort Falcon by cheapest and it is mix of XD to AU.

Again and as usual, doesn't mean any of that is selling for that price, which is why I like auction as you get to see what someone is/was actually willing to pay, not what someone is/was willing to accept.

EDIT: Showing my cards - have a blue XF GL 6-seater (front bench and column shift) that has been sitting out back of a mate's place since my dad passed away in 2014. Doesn't really hold sentimental value, he only held on to it as was worthless back then (he tried selling it for $700 in 2009 and best offer he got was $300); I've only held on to it because I am totally slack and it is not in my driveway/garage/yard annoying me, and too lazy to try and get it going again even though probably just needs a battery. But with Covid-crazy prices thought I'd see if it was worth the effort, but not looking that way.

Last edited by Mulva; 27-04-2021 at 11:31 AM.
Mulva is offline   Reply With Quote