View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 01:38 PM   #36
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Your most frustrating mechanical experience

Our mechanic at work is a nice guy but nice guys dont = good mechanics.
So one of our Rosa's develops an injector pump problem, would run fine then all of a sudden wouls lose power and rattle its guts out.
Old mate drove it on a school run for 4 days using the auto manually to get it moving when it played up.
Sure enough auto blows up, he tells management it was the cause of the problem, 5k later for the box and chuffed at his 'fix' we start the bus, drive it down the road and the initial problem reappears.
Put it over the pit, shone a light up from underneath, noticed a loose electrical connector on injector pump, take it off, clean it up, squeeze the tabs so it fits on snug, no more issues.
5k to replace an auto which blew up from being flogged as a result of a loose wire that in the end took 5 minutes to rectify.

A month ago my 45 seat King Long develops a intermittent throttle issue whereby when you make even the slightest left hand turn the throttle would lock out as though the door was open.
Tell oid mate about it, bad batch of diesel he says..
Um, ok, problem gets progressively worse to the point its getting dangerous, finally convince management to get it looked at by a professional.
Get it scanned, door sensor failure..

Driving down the road in 6sp manual Rosa, check engine light comes on as soon as you grab 6th, goes out when you take it out of 6th.
Get back to depot, report issue and get chewrd out by old mate as i shouldnt have driven it.
I was like, there is no problem until it hits 6th gear, how can you tell a bus has a sensor problem with 6th gear until you get it on a road where you get into 6th gear.
Tells me the check engine light could have been a brake failure...
No thats a different circuit, how exactly did you become a diesel mechanic...online courses
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: