View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 03:32 AM   #39
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Shannons auction - 2005 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
^^^^^This^^^^

I've been buying Off & dealing with Auctions Houses for over 30 yrs. & it's pretty much Standard procedure for them to remove (& surrender) the Plates after the Auction. Particularly If the Buyer is Interstate..

Saves them from getting caught up In Transfer disputes unpaid parking fines ECT..
That part doesn't suprise me, the rep on the phone being a complete muppet did. Wouldn't be suprised if everything they said about bidding then backing out after was BS too.
Probably is legit but I guess the reps are there to flog insurance and not answer concerns LOL.
Anyway, if still interested bid low, I've looked through a ton of car auctions that aren't 'the big ones' on shannons and they usually sell very low. Perhaps it's the reps or stuff like you experienced that have put most bidders off in the past?
chuck 13k on it, might be lucky ;-) Everyone else might have had similar concerns, called them and got the same rep chastising them to scare them off. I've always wondered why the bmws, mercs and mazdas I was interested in 2019/2020 sold so low in shannons auctions - probably their attitude pushed serious bidders away.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote