View Single Post
Old 22-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #48
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 Concorde
Hi Matt, I've sent you a PM.

Some feedback on the Project Mu brake pads.

1. They still do not feel like they have bedded in after 6000kms of driving. The brake system has been bled a few times and there is no air in the lines.
2. The performance feels worse than the factory pads.
3. They fade very quickly, smoke a lot and stink. Perhaps they are not designed to retard the vehicle quickly from speeds approaching 160-180km/h? I'm not talking track/race conditions.

What is an alternative pad to use other than the PMU pad? I'm looking for something that will withstand moderate to high speed braking but not necessarily track conditions. I may infact install the factory pads until I can get another type of pad arranged.

Jason.
I have the PM thanks Jason and will get those rear hoses underway for you.
With the Project Mu pads though I honestly have not had any problems with these pads BUT they are designed to be low dust and low rotor wear so they will feel different to the factory pads.As we sell these only for street use they have not been sold for high speed braking from 160-180kms in mind.I think you will need to go back to a more performance and responsive high temp pad and live with the dust and the ferodo ds2500 is the answer and these are $450 a set.
Also i am closed from tomorrow afternoon the 23rd until the 10th of January 2011.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote