View Single Post
Old 27-05-2021, 11:21 PM   #5
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 
Default Re: Dealer prediction powershift issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyk123123 View Post
NSW. Yeah it's an interesting one. Alot of what I've heard says the diesels are fine, but also hear alot of issues with them. What I find interesting, if your right. The diesel won't be covered by the 10 year warranty, but surely ford have to have some common sense with these transmissions knowing they suck and help me out a little. 8 year old car, should last more then 120xxxkm.

Options I have are A. Ford help out and fix it. Or B. I scrap the car, I bought it for 10k, so not worth putting more money for a trans I to it.

Just one of those things I guess, chalk it up to a loss and move on with life...that is of course after I get a response from ford and take a few other avenues, after their all exhausted, then ill give up.

Should also mention the dealer mechanic was also on my side. Told me everything to say when opening a case, told me this trans should have lasted alot longer and he'll tell the ford head office that too....if he has more pull with ford, who knows. Maybe dreams do come true haha

They also take into consideration if you are the original owner and if it has a full dealership service history. Sure I understand that that may not make any difference to how long the transmission lasted but Ford do actually value loyal customers.
Very unlikely that at 8 years old they will offer any assistance.
The dealer is 100% on your side as they want the job. Ford actually pay the dealers quite well for warranty work, unlike some other manufacturers.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote