View Single Post
Old 27-05-2021, 09:06 PM   #4
tommyk123123
Starter Motor

Default Re: Dealer prediction powershift issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
The diesel wet clutch isn’t covered by the 10 year tcm extended component warranty. And doesn’t suffer from too many failures. It’s a pretty good box in comparison to the dps6 in the petrol.
I think Ford will reject the claim stating that the car is too old to be eligible for assistance.
$17k is way way too much. Ring a couple more dealers and ask for a price of a reconditioned trans to suit your car. $8-12k would be more reasonable.
What state are you in?
They only ask if the car was towed as they want to know if it was still driving or completely dead.
NSW. Yeah it's an interesting one. Alot of what I've heard says the diesels are fine, but also hear alot of issues with them. What I find interesting, if your right. The diesel won't be covered by the 10 year warranty, but surely ford have to have some common sense with these transmissions knowing they suck and help me out a little. 8 year old car, should last more then 120xxxkm.

Options I have are A. Ford help out and fix it. Or B. I scrap the car, I bought it for 10k, so not worth putting more money for a trans I to it.

Just one of those things I guess, chalk it up to a loss and move on with life...that is of course after I get a response from ford and take a few other avenues, after their all exhausted, then ill give up.

Should also mention the dealer mechanic was also on my side. Told me everything to say when opening a case, told me this trans should have lasted alot longer and he'll tell the ford head office that too....if he has more pull with ford, who knows. Maybe dreams do come true haha
tommyk123123 is offline   Reply With Quote