View Single Post
Old 15-06-2021, 04:42 PM   #6
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Dealership Name Alexandra Vic.

EBSXR6: do you know if there are many other Ford pics in the SLV's collection of Cumming photos?

[Not wanting to hijack this thread but ... the SLV has a ton of photos (more than 5,000 I think) by Lyle Fowler's Commercial Photographic Company. I have looked at a lot of them online; they cover a range of topics but there are a good number of car and truck pics including quite a few Ford pics. They probably cover a period from the 1930s or 1940s to the 1960s. His office was a few blocks away from Melford Motors in Melbourne and he photographed some cars for them. The building that housed his office is still there in Queensberry St and the old Melford Motors building (which more recently was a Toyota dealership) on the corner of Queensberry St and Elizabeth St is also still there but is being redeveloped. I think they have to keep some of the building's facade.

A couple of years ago when Toyota was still there, from O'Connell St I walked up the concrete ramps to the service area and it probably looked pretty much like it did back in the 1930s when (I think) it was built/rebuilt.]
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: