View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #4
xexr6t

Default Re: SHOCKWORKS......simply the BEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl86 View Post
Great stuff! Can't wait to get mine. How hard were they to install? Any special tooling required? I'm thinking of installing mine DIY but only have a basic set of tools and no hoist.
If you were in Melbourne, or anywhere in Victoria for that matter, I would get Shockworks to install them. Brett and Chris were great resolving all the issues with my car even though not a single problem was from their coilovers.

DIY install was easy with simple tools and I did the rears at home on the garage floor. I think the rears are harder than the front. Only in that it was difficult to install the rear springs by myself.

The front strut allmost fall out when you undo the upper ball-joint bolt (and the top strut bolts, lower strut bolt of course). A little push down on the lower control arm and there out. Just put the new one in the reverse way.

Tips would be

1. No pre-load on the front coilover. I had 5mm on mine which Chris removed. This has made a massive difference to the car everywhere. We lowered the front another 10mm to match the rear, without the pre-load it wont bottom out like it did before even at the lower ride height.

2. Check everything is tight!!!! This caused all my issues, loose bolt and swaybar link CLUNK......CLUNK.....CLUNK

3. Tighten the rear shock and lower front strut bolts at ride height. This will take the stress out of those bushes.

4. Call Shockworks, they are great over the phone. All the advice and customer service you will ever need.

I drove the car again today and loved every minute off it. I live on the worst stretch of road in Australia possibly the world, now the GT handles it with ease. Cant wait to get this thing to Sandown on the 9th of March.

Thanks again Brett and Chris.
3 users like this post: