View Single Post
Old 25-05-2020, 05:38 PM   #24
mmhmm

Default Re: Australia - China - Poltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
regarding farm/station purchases..... bloody hard position but if I was an owner of any such property and family did not want to follow my steps then I opt to sell...now although against overseas investment If I was advertising my land at $100 acre and someone offers $150 am I going to say no?

therein lies the hard question.

Unfortunately this is not a modern day problem, I clearly remember talking with my dad 15 years ago about Chinese interest in Aus & NZ 'will not end well for our countries" were his words.

Well, I would hope that it would be sold to the highest tenderer in Australia. Being the fact, the mark you would receive may not be worthwhile especially since your future generations are considered, regardless of sales. Farming in itself is a major and dare i say most vital industry in our country. I would not let foreign entities own it, i mean look what's happened.

We get grade B and C meat and our dairy, all the real Grade A stuff is sent back to China or some other place? I think governments should intervine if there is agriculture involved.
mmhmm is offline   Reply With Quote