View Single Post
Old 23-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #12
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

Default Re: Adjusting clutch in rev limit using xcal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARATE
Hey guys i have a ba mk2 xr8 with a a six speed manual. Im planning on going to the AFF drags later in june. What im wondering is, using my XCal3, can i adjust the rev limit while the clutch pedal is pressed in while maintaining a different rev limit while the clutch is released?
If so is this a function of the xcal3 that can be unlocked and made user adjustable?

Thankyou in advance
Hi mate,

Manual drag cars and two step RPM limiters go hand in hand, but in cars that have little startline energy like a 3800lb plus falcon, you will find that unless you have a Ray Franks or Mcleod soft loc adjustable clutch you will do damage.

The ultimate NA Boss setup is a 4.1 rear ratio, and around 5000rpm on the startline. On the 2nd last yellow, you need to start using the clutch to load up the engine, when you are on or around 4000 you should be at full throttle by that time and your foot should be entirely off the clutch.

The clutch we would recommend for this would be a Spec single plate metal clutch, not an ideal street setup, the street/circuit clutch we would recommend is a Mal wood option 3 plus, much better street feel that the spec, but has no place on the strip.

The two step setups we have played with have caused more diveline damage (broken CV's, mounting brackets on live axles breaking, twisting axle splines) than when we launch using the method we have tried and tested as above. Again, if you can get the car to be faster reacting (say, 3000lb, slick tyre and full race suspension) then with the positive acting chassis the two step will come into its own, and this is going to be impossible in a slow reacting heavy car with a non adjustable clutch on an inconsistent racetrack.

Hope this helps

Chris
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote