View Single Post
Old 27-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #44
prasac
Banned

Default Re: Oz Wide Tuners 10.99s or Faster BA-FG List

you need the right tyre for the right purpose, it's as easy as that. same as a car you build a car to what you want to achieve out of it or what you're budget is.

10-sec street cars too slow, 8-sec or even 7-sec street cars that's my thing lol:

can a 1200hp, 8-second engine make a good street engine, i don't see why not. we are talking only motor here, nothing else.

throw the engine out of the Capri into a BA-FG and it should be just as reliable as anything out there. can i say 100% for sure, no i can't.

tex recently said he has done 36000km's of street driving, well the Capri's engine has done the same. it is showing around 1200hp at the engine, has done 300+ 1/4 mile passes, 100+ dyno runs, numerous Powercruise, Supernats etc events where the car has been thrashed like crazy, ok, it's not driven daily it's only a weekend, which i'd assume a few of these quicker cars are as well.

what's the maintenance on it like, no more than a normal high performance street car. all that has ever been done to the engine was about 3 or 4 spark plug changes (more than usual but racing kills them, however they are cheap $5 plugs anyway, not dear iridium etc), coolant topped up, oil changed every 5000km's and the head bolts were checked about 3 months ago to see if they were still tight. the street driving tune, is also the race tune. the car is driven sensibly on the street, sticking to speed etc, it's not thrashed or anything.